COMING FOR 2017
Art Guild Competition
PREMIUMS PAID TO FOLLOWING PLACES:
YOU WILL BE ABLE TO ENTER ONLINE.
Rules of Exhibit (subject to changes)
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!!!
- Entries (limit—two per artist) may be paintings, drawings, or sculpture in any media and should be no more than two years old.
- Only ORIGINAL work is acceptable. Copies of paintings or drawings will be disqualified. Computer manipulated photographic art will be accepted. Traditional photography should be entered in the Alabama National Fair photography exhibition.
- Any work that has been previously exhibited in the Alabama National Fair Art Exhibit will be disqualified. Entries will be exhibited according to space available.
- The Judge and the Alabama National Fair reserve the right to refuse entries.
- An entry fee for each piece will be charged to Art Guild members of Montgomery, Prattville, and Wetumpka Art Guilds. A higher entry fee for each piece will be charged to non-member artists.
- Contestants must be 18 years of age or older by January 1, 2017.
- Artist will have to make entries online at www.alnationalfair.org under the competitions link. There are instructions on how to enter your artwork under this link. ONLINE ENTRY will be available at a date closer to the 2017 fair. Rules and regulations may be picked up at the Montgomery Museum of Art, most framing/art supply stores or at art galleries located in Montgomery.
*All Two Dimensional Art must be suitable for hanging and measure no larger than 4x4 feet due to limited hanging capabilities. Two-Dimensional art must be framed. Screw eyes and wire for hanging must be firmly attached to the back. Matted works should be matted in white, off-white, and black mats only. Small pre-fab attachments and saw tooth hangers are not permitted.
*Sculpture must have a pedestal stand provided by the artist. Sculpture size limits are 4x4 feet.
- Reasonable care will be used at all times in handling entries, but entries will not be insured. Neither the Montgomery Art Guild nor the management of the Alabama National Fair, the Kiwanis Club of Montgomery, nor the State of Alabama will be responsible for any loss or damage whatsoever.
- All entries are eligible and will be judged for awards. A qualified judge will make selections for cash awards before the opening of the Fair. No prize will be awarded in the absence of a quality entry.
- Artwork will be accepted at the Coliseum - dates yet to be determined. Enter on Federal Drive, park in the North Parking Area take the North side ramp up to the second floor. NO ENTRY WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER THE DETERMINED DEADLINE.
- IMPORTANT! NO ACCEPTED WORK MAY BE REMOVED FROM THE EXHIBIT UNTIL AFTER THE CLOSE OF THE FAIR. There will be a $5.00 per day late charge for any entry not picked up by the determined date and time.
- Art Guild's reception will be held on a date yet to be determined. The reception will be located on the second floor of the Coliseum at the North Entrance.
CONGRATULATIONS to the following 2016 Art Guild Show Winners!!
1st Place: Durand Seay
2nd Place: Brittni Smith
3rd Place: Eric Boswell
Honorable Mention: Karvarus Moore; Brittni Smith; Durand Seay; Sherman Boothe
CONGRATULATIONS to the following 2016 School Art Show Winners!!
Class 01 Opaque (Acrylic & Oils) 7th - 9th
1st Place: Virginia Hope
2nd Place: Selina Chen
3rd Place: Mary Virginia Huffa
Honorable Mention: Nadia Choi
Class 02 Water Color 7th - 9th
1st Place: Jessica Lee
2nd Place: Rachel Yoon
3rd Place: Daniel Kang
Honorable Mention: Jessica S. Lee
Class 03 Drawing (Pencil, Charcoal & Ink) 7th - 9th
1st Place: Nayoon Kang
2nd Place: Anaya Thomas
3rd: Lucy Hall
Honorable Mention: Adela Sheng
Class 04 Color Drawing (Pastel & Colored Pencil) 7th - 9th
1st Place: Rachel Kim
2nd Place: Jordan Hosp
3rd Place: Elizabeth Spencer
Honorable Mention: Ashton Arnold
Class 05 Sculpture in the Round, Relief 7th - 9th
1st Place: Nayoon Kang
2nd Place: Mary Frances Harp
3rd Place: Mary Julian Setzer
Honorable Mention: Virginia Anderson
Class 06 Mixed Media 7th - 9th
1st Place: Emily Beaudry
2nd Place: Anna Perry
3rd Place: Rachel Amerson
Honorable Mention: Gaines Freeman
Class 07 Print Making (Etching, Wood, Block Printing, Etc.) 7th - 9th
1st Place: Daniel Park
2nd Place: Nikolai Alexander
3rd Place: Rachel Amerson
Class 08 Opaque (Acrylic & Oils) 10th - 12th
1st Place: Alexandra Toney
2nd Place: Kylie Eng
3rd Place: Rylee Naftel
Honorable Mention: Emily Wells Kend
Class 09 Water Color 10th - 12th
1st Place: Susie Kim
2nd Place: Alexandria Seirafi
3rd Place: Jiyoon Moon
Honorable Mention: Katie Lawrence
Class 10 Drawing (Pencil, Charcoal & Ink) 10th - 12th
1st Place: Jennifer Campbell
2nd Place: Elizabeth Efferson
3rd Place: Kathleen Wright
Honorable Mention: Jinwee Kim
Class 11 Color Drawing (Pastel & Colored Pencil) 10th - 12th
1st Place: A'Neshia Turner
2nd Place: Katie Lawrence
3rd Place: Sam Lee
Honorable Mention: Bernice Ramon
Class 12 Sculpture in the Round, Relief 10th - 12th
1st Place: Aaliyah Jo Sims
2nd Place: Izabel Cabral
3rd Place: Alexandra Toney
Honorable Mention: Jordan Brazell
Class 13 Mixed Media 10th - 12th
1st Place: Jordan Brazell
2nd Place: Ashton Ray
3rd Place: Minji Kim
Honorable Mention: Esther Nam
Class 14 Print Making (Etching, Wood, Block Printing, & Etc) 10th - 12th
1st Place: Michelle Lee
2nd Place: Grace Walz
3rd Place: Myles Beasley
Honorable Mention: Sam Lee