PREMIUMS OFFERED $1,450
Rules of Exhibit
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!!!
- Entries (limit—two per artist) may be paintings, drawings, or sculpture in any media and should be no more than two years old.
- Only ORIGINAL work is acceptable. Copies of paintings or drawings will be disqualified. Computer manipulated photographic art will be accepted. Traditional photography should be entered in the Alabama National Fair photography exhibition.
- Any work that has been previously exhibited in the Alabama National Fair Art Exhibit will be disqualified. Entries will be exhibited according to space available.
- The Judge and the Alabama National Fair reserve the right to refuse entries.
- Fees. An entry fee of $5.00 for each piece will be charged to Art Guild members. An entry fee of $10.00 for each piece will be charged to non-member artists. Members and non-members may submit two entries each.
- Contestants must be 18 years of age or older by January 1, 2013.
*All Two Dimensional Art must be suitable for hanging and measure no larger than 4x4 feet due to limited hanging capabilities. Two-Dimensional art must be framed. Screw eyes and wire for hanging must be firmly attached to the back. Matted works should be matted in white, off-white, and black mats only. Small pre-fab attachments and saw tooth hangers are not permitted.
*Sculpture must have a pedestal stand provided by the artist. Sculpture size limits are 4x4 feet.
- Reasonable care will be used at all times in handling entries, but entries will not be insured. Neither the Montgomery Art Guild nor the management of the Alabama National Fair, the Kiwanis Club of Montgomery, nor the State of Alabama will be responsible for any loss or damage whatsoever.
- All entries are eligible and will be judged for awards. A qualified judge will make selections for cash awards before the opening of the Fair. No prize will be awarded in the absence of a quality entry.
- Artwork will be accepted Tuesday, October 1st and Wednesday, October 2nd, from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. at the Coliseum. Enter on Federal Drive, park in the North Parking Area, walk to the build behindthe Coliseum. NO ENTRY WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER OCTOBER 2ND AT 2 P.M.
- IMPORTANT! NO ACCEPTED WORK MAY BE REMOVED FROM THE EXHIBIT UNTIL MONDAY, OCTOBER 14th, BETWEEN 4:00 P.M. AND 6:00 P.M. All work must be picked up by 6:00 p.m., Monday, October 14, 2013. There will be a $5.00 per day late charge for any entry not picked up by 6 p.m., Monday, October 14th.
- All forms must be completed in entirety. If entry is not for sale, put “NFS” on entry blanks in the price line. Entry blanks may be picked up at the Montgomery Museum of Art, most framing/art supply stores, or at most art galleries located in Montgomery. Entry form may also be obtained by calling the fair office at 334-272-6831.