Thirty - Ninth Annual
2017 School Art Show
First Place: TBD | Second Place: TBD | Third Place: TBD
|DIVISION I: 7th - 9th Grade
1. Opaque (acrylics & oils)
2. Water Color
3. Drawing (pencil, charcoal & ink)
4. Color Drawing (pastel, colored pencil)
5. Sculpture in the Round, Relief
6. Mixed Media
7. Print Making (etching, wood, Block printing, etc.)
|DIVISION II: 10th - 12th Grade
8. Opaque (acrylics & oils)
9. Water Color
10. Drawing (pencil, charcoal & ink)
11. Color Drawing (pastel, colored pencil)
12. Sculpture in the Round, Relief
13. Mixed Media
14. Print Making (etching, wood, Block printing, etc.)
Art Show Rules - (Entry Fee TBD per entry)
- Artist must be student in grades 7-12.
- Artist will be limited to a total of three entries with a fee of a determined entry fee.
- Artist will be limited to one entry per lot.
- Artist will have to make entries online at www.alnationalfair.org under the competitions link. There are instructions on how to enter your artwork under this link. ONLINE ENTRY DEADLINE WILL BE AT A 2017 DATE TO BE DETERMINED.
- Paintings, drawings, or prints must be either framed or matted and wrapped in acetate or entry will not be accepted. No saw tooth hangers or pre-fab attachments allowed. Size of entry may not exceed 3 feet by 3 feet, including sculptures.
- All work must be original and completed entirely by the artist within the last year (since the 2016 Fair). Copies of paintings, kits, or any work that has been exhibited previously in the Fair will be disqualified.
- The Fair reserves the right to refuse entries. Entries will be exhibited according to space available.
- All rules of the Fair apply to this show.
- Reasonable care will be used at all times in handling entries, but entries will not be insured. Neither the Alabama National Fair, the Montgomery Kiwanis Club, or the State of Alabama will be responsible for any loss or damages whatsoever.
- Judging by a qualified judge will take place before the Fair opens.
ENTERING AND PICKING UP EXHIBITS
- Artwork will be accepted on days and times still to be determined for 2017. Enter Coliseum at the North Entrance, go up the ramp at North Entrance gate to the second floor.
- Entries must be identified with pre-printed entry tags once the art is entered online. The entry tags will be printed in the Fair Office and artwork will be tagged upon arrival at the Fairgrounds.
- Entries may not be removed from the exhibit until Monday after the final day of the fair, between 3 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. (time subject to change). Any artwork not picked up by 5:30 p.m. on the determined date/time, will be discarded.
Exhibitor will have to enter their entries online. Online deadline will be on a date still to be determined later in 2017.